Saturday, October 23, 2010

Brothers

Many of you know that I had a really hard time adjusting to the idea of parenting two boys. Cory and I have always known we wanted two kids, so this is it. After the ultrasound I grieved the fact that I will never get to shop for prom dresses, braid my daughter's hair, be the mother of the bride, and share the amazing bond that mothers and daughters share. I had 20 weeks to get used to the fact that my life wouldn't be quite as I had envisioned. Now, I'm setting my sights on being the energetic mom of two boys who cheers at all of their sporting events, takes active outdoors vacations, and plays trucks and dinosaurs.Since we first found out we'd be having another boy, so many moms have told me how much they've loved parenting two or more boys. I have heard over and over how special the bond between brothers is. I'm starting to get a glimpse of it, even at this early stage, and I'm really excited for the years to come. My life might not go just as I had planned, but then again, was it ever going to? I know I'm in for quite an adventure with these two!

No comments:

Post a Comment